There are three bodies that are involved and are benefited by the introduction of Pahal DBTL scheme. These are basically the LPG consumer that is we people, Government of India and the oil marketing company. The major benefit is it will reduce the black marketing of LPG. We are outlining the Benefits of PAHAL DBTL Scheme.
Government of India
With the launch of Pahal DBTL Scheme, the subsidy burden will be reduced since:-
- It will ensure that LPG gas is not sold to unregistered consumers at a higher rate which usually results in unauthorized usage of LPG gas. Eg. when a consumer books the LPG gas sometimes the intermediate LPG gas suppliers sell the LPG gas in black market at a higher cost to a consumer who might be consuming more LPG than required. This is easily eliminated by the introduction of this scheme.
- The consumers are not forced to purchase LPG at subsidised rates and can voluntarily opt out of the scheme. These consumers will need to fill in a declaration form by which they are registered but will not receive LPG gas at a subsidized rate.
- Multiple gas connections cannot be purchased on one name by forging the Aadhar card number. Many a time’s multiple (duplicate) Aadhar cards are made on one name and then they are utilized for ordering many LPG cylinder. By linking it to the bank account this forgery is not possible.There is no delay in the delivery date of the LPG gas to the consumers.
- The difference amount from market rate i.e. the subsidy amount of the LPG price is directly received in cash in the bank accounts of the consumers.
- Since there will be no forgery in connection, the delivery time will be less and new connections will be provided promptly.
- Since the request for LPG gas will be made directly to the LPG distributors, intermediate gas suppliers cannot delay the process or sell the LPG to other consumer at higher amount which will again result in fast and efficient delivery.
- The permanent Advance have been introduced where-in a fixed which has been decided by the government is transferred to the bank account of the consumer. This amount is transferred when the consumer makes the first booking for the LPG gas. This amount which is a one-time payment is transferred to ensure that the consumer has the money to make the first payment as per the market rate. This amount is fixed for one financial year and is decided by the government.
Oil Marketing companies (OMC)
- The LPG gas suppliers will have less burden of sending the gas to the intermediate gas suppliers.
- They will be in direct contact with their consumers which will allow them to understand the difficulties face by the customers if they are not served on time. Thus building a good customer relationship.
- Ensure that multiple unauthorized connections are not provided to consumers.
- Ensure that the consumers receive the LPG gas at one fixed rate.
- Ensure that the customers receive timely support if there is any grievance that has been submitted by the consumer.
- Ensure that the consumers do not have to stand in long queues even after making the booking well in advance.
Other Imporatant Articles to Read