Standing in long queues to pay your electricity bills is a passé now. Everything has become so convenient that you can pay your bills while walking up the street. You can pay through you phone, your banks account or through credit cards.
CESC stands for Calcutta Electricity Supply Corporation, which is responsible for electricity distribution in Kolkata and adjoining areas. If you are wondering what would be the modes of payment for CESC Bills, this article is definitely for you. Read below to know how you can pay your CESC bills through various modes.
Process to pay CESC Electricity Bills online
Follow these simple steps to pay your CESC bills online:
- Visit the official website of CESC and click on ‘Pay CESC Bill Online’
- This would open up another page, where you need to select ‘CESC Online Monthly Bill Payment’ option
- The next page would redirect you to the payment page, where you can choose to pay through credit card, debit card, ITZ cash cards or through net banking option.
- Select the appropriate option and proceed further with the payment
We will discuss in details, later in this article, about how you can use the payment facility through various modes.
CESC Bill Payment through ITZ Cash Cards, Debit Cards or Credit Cards
Follow the below mentioned steps to pay through Debit Cards, Credit Cards or ITZ cash cards:
- Visit the website https://www.cesc.co.in/
- From the ‘Quick Links’ option on the homepage, select ‘Quick Bill Pay’ and proceed further
- Click the button that says, ‘Debit or Credit or ITZ Cash Cards’ button
- Check box the option that says, ‘Agree with Terms and Conditions’
- The next page would ask for your eleven digit customer number. Input that and choose the month of payment of bill.
- Select the box that says, ‘Visa or Master card or ITZ Cash Card’
- Write the CAPTCHA Code, as it is mentioned and click on ‘Submit’ button
- The next page would ask you to confirm your details. If the details mentioned there are accurate, click on ‘Confirm’
- Check the box saying ‘CESC electricity bill payment’ for the particular month and click on ‘Pay Now’
- You would be prompted to choose the type of card you would be using the pay. Select the appropriate one and pay your CESC Bills.
CESC Electricity Bill Payment through Net Banking
If you have net banking activated on your bank account, it is always advisable to use this option as compared to credit and debit cards as it is safer and convenient. Follow these simple steps to pay your CESC bills through net banking option:
- Visit the link https://www.cesc.co.in/ptronline/online_payment_options.php
- Click on the option that says, Pay using ‘Net Banking’
- Check the box saying, ‘I agree to terms and conditions’
- Choose the month of bill payment from the drop down menu list, whichever applicable
- Enter the CAPTHCA accurately and click on ‘Submit’ button
- This would take you to a page wherein you would be asked to confirm the details of bills before your proceed to payment. If everything is right, click on ‘I Confirm’
- Check box ‘Verification’ and click on the ‘Pay Now’ button
- This would redirect you to the net banking login page of your respective bank.
- From there, you can pay your bill using net banking simply as you do it for making any other payments.
Process to get Duplicate CESC Bill Copy
Your CESC original bill may be lost, torn or misplaced. If that is the case, there is nothing much to worry. Just like paying your CESC bills with much ease, getting a duplicate bill too is quite convenient. All you need is an active internet connection and you can download it from the CESC portal. Follow the simple steps to download your duplicate bill:
- Keep your 11 digit consumer number handy from previous bills you have
- Open the link https://www.cesc.co.in/newcopybill/copybill_new_input.jsp
- After this links opens, you would notice a form that would ask you to enter certain details like 11 digit consumer number, select the month for the duplicate bill and fill the CAPTCHA provided on the page.
- Please note that you can get duplicate bills for only last three months.
- Click on ‘Submit’ and the screen would give you option to download the duplicate bill on your computer.
The downloadable file is usually available in PDF format.
As you can see, paying your CESC bills is as easy as chatting with your friends on your Smartphones. Some of the biggest advantages of paying bills online is that you do not have to stand in long queues and you can pay anytime, 24×7, whether it is a holiday or a working day, night or day.
Other Important Links