The simple steps for changing EPF nomination through online UAN portal
The Employee Provident Fund is actually known as a compulsory deduction for salaried working within organizations which are registered under EPF. It is essential for every member to name a nominee for receiving fund corpus in case he/she dies. It cannot be denied that unfortunate incidents might take place with any individual. God forbid, if any such events occur with you, then this will help your near and dear ones. This is the reason it is essential for keeping the nomination details up to date. Without it, certain legal issues shall take place for your dear ones.
Some important details
Now, before we delve deep into the necessary steps for changing EPF nominations with UAN online portal, it is essential to know that more than one member can be allowed for an EPF member and each nominee can have a certain proportion. Certain factors are there regarding marriage, for instance, employee need to change nominations immediately after marriage. The present UAN number that has been offered allows portability of PF accounts shifting from one employer to another employer for the withdrawal of EPF balance, checking EPF balance and nomination charges.
Steps to change EPF nomination online through UAN
- The first step is you need to register yourself through using UAN, provided by your employer.
- After you have registered yourself, you need to sign in.
- When you log in/sign in, you shall see the UAN dashboard and this is where you shall have access to all the necessary requirements for changing EPF nomination online.
- Under the tab profile edit nomination, you shall find “edit nomination details”.
- Now, one thing you need to know is, there are certain fields which are non editable like Member ID, establishment DOB, name, father/spouse name, date of joining, and relationship.
- You cannot change these fields, and the only editable fields that are available in this page are present address and PAN. Click on “update” for updating any of the two fields.
After you update EPF Nomination
When you click on “update” a certain page will appear where you need to update family details. The family details shall be filed up already if you have previously enrolled for EPF nomination, but after marriage, you need to update and add your husband/wife’s name in family member details. You shall be provided with the option to assign the amount or percentage of PF each family member is going to get. The overall share of all the nominees in this section should add up to 100%. In the next step, pension nominee details need to be filled. But this is specifically for those who do not have family members. These people are liable to nominate others apart from their family members for receiving the pension amount after their death.
The next step is to click on “declaration check box” for generating the nomination pdf and then click on “submit to employer for approval”. It is complete and you are done now. The last thing that you have to do is take the print out and then sign on the generated PDF and give this to your employer. The verification of nomination details shall be done for approval or rejection of your nomination.