Documents Required for UK travel Visa
United Kingdom has many tourist attraction sites. Torquay, London and Belfast are some of the places frequented by tourists. If you come from countries outside the United Kingdom, you will need a travel Visa. For instance, if you are from India, following procedure is to be followed:
Procedure to get UK Travel Visa
You must have a valid passport. Your passport’s expiry date should not be less than six months from the time you are applying for visa.
- Visit the website www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk. You need to create an account using your email address. Fill the form provided fully. There is a section where you are required to make an appointment for check-up and for your documents to be affirmed.
- When the form is completely filled and signed, print it. Then print appointment slip identified by universal product code.
- Attach one photo, 45mm by 35mm in size. It should not be more than one month old.
Other documents required are for UK Travel Visa
- An original passport. It should be valid and free of any damage.
- Two copies of the passport. All your personal information should be in these passports.
- All original old passports. It is compulsory to carry any old passport you may be having.
- Copies of all old passports. You are required to take all copies of old passport bearing personal information and pages with visas.
Hotel booking and Travel information for getting UK Travel Visa
- You need an original hotel booking receipt. If it was done online, an email of the booking is acceptable. Incase you will be staying with a friend or family, an invitation letter is required showing their address. Their VISA copy will also be needed.
- A copy of the hotel booking is also required.
- An original proof of travel details. You should provide a fully paid booking evidence from your travel agent. You can also hand in a paid return ticket to United Kingdom
- You also need copy of travel details proof.
Financial Status details for Getting UK Travel Visa
- A signed bank statement showing all your transactions for a period not less than six months.
- A letter from your employer giving you permission to travel. It should include your job and position.
- A copy of the letter from your employer.
- Original pay slips for the last six months
- Copies of the pay slips
- For entrepreneurs, you need to provide a proof of your business
- A document showing your income tax returns for the last three years
- A proof that you are in a position to cater for all travelling costs. It includes bank balance and property deeds.
- It is wise to have a travel insurance. However, it is not mandatory.
Other requirements for Getting UK Travel Visa
- For those who are married, a marriage certificate is necessary.
- If you have kids, original birth certificates will be needed.
No financial details required for dependents.