Pahal DBTL (Direct Benefit Transfer of LPG) scheme is a premier scheme launched by Government of India to facilitate LPG gas consumers with subsidy. The scheme was initially launched across 291 districts and is now implemented across every district in India.
PAHAL scheme aims at providing direct subsidy to all LPG customers in which bank details of the customers are registered with LPG connection and the subsidy amount automatically gets transferred to the consumer’s bank account. As per the scheme, a consumer needs to have an Aadhar Number and it should be duly linked to the bank and LPG connection.
Updating your Mobile Number is one of the crucial parts of the PAHAL scheme. A registered mobile number helps customer to get the connection booked, receive confirmations and updates from the LPG provider.
To update your mobile number for PAHAL LPG subsidy, you can use either of the two ways:
- Register your mobile number online
- Register your mobile number by visiting the distributor’s office
Both the methods would solve you purpose and have their own merits and demerits. If you are a tech savvy person and have internet connection available, it is always a better and convenient option to visit the website of your LPG provider, like Bharat Gas, Indane Gas or HP Gas and follow the following process:
- Visit the homepage of your gas provider. For example, Bharat Gas customers can go to the link ebharatgas.com.
- On the home page you would see a link saying register/update you mobile number. Click on that link.
- The link would open another page that you need to take print out of.
- Fill in the printed form by hand and submit it to the distributor.
Note: Even if you are using online method, you would still have to visit the distributor’s office to submit the form. The Form would ask for following information:
- Consumer Number
- Consumer Name
- Mobile Number
- Landline Number (if available)
- Signature of the consumer
Fill this form without errors and submit it to the distributor. You can get the same form from the distributor’s office, fill it there only and submit with the officials present there.
Benefits of registering mobile number for LPG connection
- If you have a registered mobile number with the provider, you have the convenience of booking your cylinder 24×7, 365 days an year
- There is no extra fee for this service and you can opt for your language of convenience from Hindi/English
- The confirmation of Booking of cylinder would be sent to your registered mobile number through SMS
- Lastly, you would also be sent the confirmation of delivery of cylinder through SMS
As you can see, there are lots of conveniences attached with a registered mobile number, so much so that you don’t even need to have a passbook for the connection and every service and tracking would happen paperless for you.
Last but not the least, you can and should also register your landline number with the provider so that if your mobile number is not working at any point in time, you still can book your cylinder and receive a hassle-free service.