How to get Ration Card in UP (Uttar Pradesh)
The government of Uttar Pradesh has launched various facilities for the citizen of the state in order to maintain a smooth running process of governance. Citizens in the state are able to draw benefits of a lot many online facilities run by the state government and thus are saving their valuable time and energy.
Broadly, there are three kinds of ration card, which you can apply for depending upon your eligibility:
- Below Poverty Line Ration Card (BPL)
- Above Poverty Line Ration Card (APL)
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana Ration Card (AAY)
The issuance of these ration cards are based on the annual income of the family and thus the facilities and subsidies provided within each of the type varies from one another.
Ration card is an essential document each family should have and it should have the names and age of every member of the family. When you apply for any document or facility in any state, Ration Card is one document that is always required. Such is the relevance of Ration Cards. If you do not have it yet, here is how you can get one for yourself and your family.
You can visit www.uponline.up.nic.in or www.edistrict.up.nic.in to get every service required for a ration card online.
Duration to receive Ration Card Online in UP
Once you submit your application relating to ration card, you need to wait for a certain time period. During this duration, the concerned department would verify the details you applied with and issue you the ration card.
- Duration for getting New Ration Card after Registration: 30 Days
- Duration for getting Corrections in your existing Ration Card: 15 Days
- Duration of Surrendering Ration Card: 15 Days
Fee for Ration Card Application in UP
Just like any other service, you need to pay a small fee for Ration Card application as well. The fee however, is just Rs 20 in this case. This Fee has to be paid along with the application form at the time of registration.
Document Required for Ration Card Application in UP
- Home Owners: Those applicants who have their homes in the state need to provide either of Water Tax Bill / House Tax Bill / Telephone Bill / Electricity Bill / Base Card / Voter ID / Passport / Driving License / any bank passbook. Photo copy of any of these documents should be attached with the application form.
- Living on Rent: Those living on rent need to furnish either of the document like bank passbook copy / passport / driving license / base card / voter ID / rent agreement / receipt of rent
- Government & Semi-Government stationed staff: Need to get a certificate from their department verifying the family members living with them and attach the copy with the application
Application Form Filling Process
- As mentioned earlier in this article, you need to go to the links uponline.up.nic.in or www.edistrict.up.nic.in and select the option ‘Request for New Ration Card’
- Fill the application Form with relevant information that would include name of your district, tehsil, village name, name of municipal authority, head of the family’s name along with address, details of gas connection, duration of living in the present address, etc.
- Fill all the details with utmost care. If you are not sure about any column, it is always better to ask someone who is aware and has already applied for a ration card.
- You would be required to affix your latest photo and either sign at the bottom of the form or make a thumb impression.
- Once done with all this, attach any of the documents listed above in the article and submit it to the competent authorities.
Before applying for a ration card in UP, you should check your eligibility and the scheme you are entitled for. The local elected representatives are a good help in getting things done for you. They may also help you get necessary documents, if you are missing with any, and speed up the process.