How to register a vehicle: Hyderabad Traffic Police
The state administration of Andhra Pradesh has become one of the most effective and transparent models of governance with its initiative of putting every service online and saving time and energy of citizens as well as the state government employees. In this article, we would talk about how you can get your vehicle registered with Hyderabad Traffic department and other related aspects.
How to make temporary registration for your vehicle in Hyderabad?
For those applying for temporary registration would have to use Form 20 of the CMV (Central Motor Vehicle) rule, 1989. There is a prescribed registration form for that. The form would go marked under the temporary registration but remaining process would be same as that of a normal/permanent registration. You can choose to get it through the dealer you are associated with.
How to apply for extension of temporary registration?
If you have got temporary registration for you vehicle, you can get an extension on the same. In the first place, you would have to make an application for extension to the registering authority mentioning the duration for which you need the extension and attach the following documents, all, if possible:
- The tax payment document as per APMVT Act
- The fee payable to the registration authority, which is usually Rs 15. You may check the exact fee from the competent authority.
- Imported vehicle registration application should be accompanied with customs clearance certificate
- Ex-Military registration application should be accompanied with original sales certificate with prescribed form 21
- The trailer and semi-trailer vehicles registration should be accompanied with copy of design approval
- A proof of residence of the applicant would be required. That could be any documents issued from a government authority.
- Attach a certificate for pollution under control
- Attach a certificate for valid insurance
- Form 22 certifying road worthiness from the manufacturer
How to apply for Permanent Registration?
In most of the cases, people have to go for permanent registration and thus, this section is quite crucial. Following are the list of documents that would be required for permanent registration of vehicles with Hyderabad Traffic Department:
- The application taxes have to be paid and certificate followed with the application
- The application would be duly filled in Form 21
- There is something known as a road worthiness certificate. That is in the form of Form 21. This certificate is issued by the manufacturer, which should be attached with the registration application.
- A valid insurance certificate should be attached with the form
- The applicant should attach proof of their residence. This could be any among ration card, driving license, election voter ID, electricity or water bill, etc.
- In case of semi trailer or trailer vehicles, a proof of design would have to be attached with the form
- In case of imported vehicles, attach a copy of customs clearance certificate
- In case of ex-army vehicle, attach a copy of original sales certificate within Form 21
The above mentioned documents are sufficient enough for registering a vehicle with Hyderabad Traffic Police. However, you would have to visit in person or through an agent to get the actual list of procedures and documents required. In order to save time, money and energy, we suggest that you first do the research work yourself and then get in touch with a reputed agent.