KESC Duplicate Bill in Karachi Pakistan
Delivery of paper bills for monthly electricity consumption can be one big nuisance. Often bills are not delivered on time or they are dropped in a different address altogether. Pakistan has no freedom from this mishap either. But the question is what causes such problems? There can be ‘n’ number of reasons for this. For example:
- Incorrect address being printed on the bill either because of a glitch in computer system or by carelessness of the person responsible for the operation.
- Bills being lost, destroyed or damaged during transit.
- The bill delivery man either did not find the address or was just simply reluctant to pay a visit and drop the bills in households they belong to.
Citizens of Karachi have long been tormented by this. Failure to get a proper bill on time can have some serious consequences like:
- Late payment charges may levied.
- Failure to produce the bill as a proper document for address proof.
To put an end to this misery, Karachi Electric Supply Company has now introduced the option of downloading the KESC bill duplicate from the official website of the company. Electricity bills are now made available in downloadable PDF formats. Any user who wishes to get a duplicate copy of the bill for whatever reason, can now quickly access a duplicate copy and save it on his or her computer.
How to get KESC bill duplicate?
In order to get a duplicate KESC bill consumers of Karachi Electric Supply Company need to follow the following simple steps:
- Locate their account number and customer number from the previous bills they have received.
- Visit the duplicate bill generation page of KESC website. The page can be accessed by clicking the link here.
- A small form will be made available where the consumers need to provide their account number (it is a 13-digit number located on top right corner of the bill) in the first field of the form.
- In the second field of the form, the consumers need to populate their consumer number.
- At the end, there is a captcha code that consumers need to type in the provided box. Consumers need to remember that the captcha field is case sensitive and hence, exactly what is seen on the captcha image should be entered in the field.
- When all fields have been populated, clicking on the blue colored ‘View Bill’ button will display a downloadable duplicate copy of the bill corresponding to the account number and consumer number.
Consumers need to keep in mind that the duplicate copy will be made available only for the latest bill. According to a spokesperson from KESC, the duplicate KESC bill is equally good as the original bill and that the company has informed all banks that electricity bill payments should be accepted in case a consumer presents the duplicate bill.
Consumers can know more about this online service of KESC by dialing 118. There are customer care assistants who can help the consumers with any queries or issues about the service.
It is definitely a good step taken by Karachi Electricity Supply Company and it can be expected that residents of Karachi will no longer have to face the issues they have long been facing.
Last Updated on 12th Oct 2015