Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) is the working organization of administering electricity power supply, its regulation, billing, customer service, etc. It came to function on 31st March 1957 under Electricity Act of 1948. As per an agreement by Govt. of Kerala and Govt. of India, KSEB has license for generation of power, state’s transmission utility and distribution license. When it came to service, KSEB used to generate a total power of 109 MW, which in present days has gone up to 2445 MW.
KSEB electricity bill payment
This electricity board satisfies the electricity needs of nearly 93 lakh valued customers spread across the state of Karnataka, both in rural and urban areas. KSEB not only depends on the generally used non- renewable sources of energy from thermal power plants, it also chunks out most of its power supply from hydro electric power plants and wind mills. The Idukki Hydro Project is a milestone in itself generation about 780 MW of power alone. KSEB follows modern systems of power transmission and have a strong transmission network throughout the state.
Most of the operations KSEB related to customers have become online so as to efficiently cater the rapid growing needs of around 93 lakh consumers. Issue of electricity meters, their maintenance, electricity bill generation, bill payment, calculate power consumption, meter testing, customer grievance service, etc. all are done through internet by the web portal of Kerala State Electricity Board- www.kseb.in. One of the most important job for KSEB is bill generation and bill payment of the numerous consumers every month.
The KSEB monthly electricity bill consists the bill details of the consumers like consumers ’s name and address under whom meter is issued, consumer id, bill cycle date, due date of payment of bill, billing amount, etc. These bills are both sent via posts to the consumers’ addresses and also available online for download. The KSEB electricity bills can either paid online or in the payment counters of KSEB.
Bill payment must be done within the stipulated date otherwise it will attract penalty charges. It is generally seen that the last date of bill payment attracts lots of consumers at the cash counters of KSEB. This results in waiting in long queues. So to avoid this, consumers are advised to go online and opt for online bill payment process which is fast, time efficient and user friendly.
Steps to Download duplicate KSEB electricity bill online
- To pay the electricity bill of KSEB online, one have to first go the web portal of KSEB and download the e-bill
- Visit: http://www.kseb.in/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=218 to download the consumer electricity bill for the current month
- Enter the Section under which your area falls in the ‘SELECT SECTION’ box
- Then enter your consumer number accurately in the next box then press VIEW BILL
- This will download your latest electricity bill of the current month
KSEB bill payment
- To make online payment of electricity bill, consumers will first have to log in to their accounts using USER ID and PASSWORD which are obtained from one time registration in the KSEB user portal
- After successful login, to go to the bill payment page of KSEB, click on the link: https://wss.kseb.in/selfservices/quickpay
- Enter the section of your area in the 1st box ELECTRICAL SECTION
- Then enter your consumer number and bill number in the next two boxes
- Click SUBMIT TO SEE THE BILL to view it and make online payments
- The payment can be easily done through Debit/ Credit cards, net banking, etc
- After successful payment, one will get an acknowledgement slip either in SMS or in email or both