Irrespective of the LPG Company you are dealing with, you would be required to link your Aadhar card with your LPG connection. There are several ways through which you can get your Aadhar Card linked to your LPG connection. The processes for each way of doing it is slightly different, however, the motive is more or less the same, i.e. to enable customer get their Aadhar linked to their LPG connection and receive eligible subsidy on their connection.
Online Method to Link your Aadhar Card with LPG Gas Connection (Indane, HP and Bharat)
All the three LPG gas providers, i.e. Indane, HP and Bharat Gas offer online services for linking your Aadhar to the LPG connection and their process are more or less the same. To link your Aadhar Card to your LPG connection, you should visit your gas provider’s official online seeding page and the instructions there would help you walk through the linking process.
- Step 1: in the first place you would be asked to input your location details where in your would be required to choose your state and the district you are living in.
- Step 2: the second step would ask you to choose from the ‘Benefit Type’ and the scheme name that applies to your particular gas connection. For example, if you are using Indane services, you need to select IOCL and if you are using Bharat Gas connection, you need to select BPCL. You would be prompted to choose the distributor name as well, which you obviously would know in your case.
- Step 3: in the third step, you would be asked to provide your personal credentials like your email address, mobile number and Aadhar number. Once you input all of these, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Step 4: the fourth step involves you getting an OTP (one time password) on your registered mobile number. All you need to do from your end in the final step is to input this OTP in the given box and submit the page.
By now, you credentials have reached the provider’s database and the concerned authorities would validate the details confirm the successful linking through email or SMS.
Linking Aadhar to LPG Gas Connection through IVRS (Phone) method (Indane, HP and Bharat)
The other option that you would have to link your Aadhar Card with your LPG connection is through IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System) where in your can verify and add your personal and Aadhar card credentials through phone. There is a number given by all the gas providers on which you can call and link your Aadhar card.
For Indane Customers: visit the page http://indane.co.in/sms_ivrs.php and find your district to get the number on which you need to call.
For Bharat Gas LPG customers: visit the page www.ebharatgas.com/pages/Customer_Care/CC_IVRSInfo.html and once you scroll down you would list a list of number for every concerned state. Find out the IVRS number for your state and follow the instructions over the call.
For HP Gas Customers: HP gas customers need to visit www.hindustanpetroleum.com/hpanytime and find out the IVRS number for their respective state.
Link Aadhar Card with LPG connection through SMS (Indane, HP and Bharat)
For those who find it inconvenient to link their Aadhar card to the LPG connection through online portal or even IVRS, can still get their linking done by sending an SMS to a given number. The only thing crucial is that their mobile number should be registered with the LPG Gas provider. There would be an IVRS number given each for HP Gas, Indane and Bharat Gas customers and you need to send the SMS on that particular number only.
In a nutshell, this is how you have to start:
- Get your mobile number registered with your LPG Gas provider.
- Send an SMS from your number to the number provided on IVRS and your linking process would start.
SMS to be sent for various providers:
- For Indane Gas customers: IOC < STD Code + Distributor’s Telephone Number > < Consumer Number >
- For Bharat Gas Customers: same as Indane customers
- For HP Gas customers: REG distributor telephone number with STD code without zero + Consumer Number. Example – REG 117654321 654321
Please not that you can send these SMS anytime as there is no working hours for registering and linking through IVRS and SMS. While there are other methods through which you can get your Aadhar Card linked to your LPG connection, it is noteworthy that the best method for you would be doing it online of visiting your LPG Provider’s office in physical to avoid any loopholes and possible delays.