Over a period of time, Aadhar card has became a document of verification you can’t afford not to have. As per a recent notification from the Election Commission of India, all voters are required to link their Aadhar number with their voter ID. It is certainly a welcome step for the Government of India.
The Government of India has already made it mandatory for people to link their Aadhar card to their bank accounts and LPG connections. However, there are still a lot many who are yet to link their Aadhar cards to their bank accounts.
Under the prestigious National Electoral Roll Purification and Authentication Program (NERPAP), the government wants that through linking Aadhar to voter ID, bogus and false voters should be eliminated from the electoral system.
This way, the Election Commission would also be able to collect biometric data of the voters and thus practice a fair electoral system in the future. Truly speaking, there could have been no better way of improving the electoral system than this.
Ever since the notification has come, there are a number of people who are searching for ways to link Aadhar card to their voter ID and there are still a majority of people who are not aware of this fact. In this article, we would cover the ways through which you can link your Aadhar card to your voter ID.
How to link link voter id with aadhaar card?
There are three various options through which a voter can link his/her Aadhar number to his voter ID:
We will discuss all the three methods in detail, one by one.
Linking voter id with aadhaar card through Internet
Linking through web would require the user to have a working computer connected with internet. There are two ways of seeding Aadhar to voter ID, i.e. Portal Seeding and Self Seeding.
Linking link voter id with aadhaar card through Portal Seeding
This method of linkage is a little cumbersome; however, those who are tech-savvy will find it convenient anyhow. This kind of linkage is done by entering Aadhar number against the voter ID through the portal provided by the government of India.
Linking voter id with aadhaar card through Self Seeding
Follow the below mentioned process for self seeding of Aadhar to election ID:
- Visit the link http://electoralsearch.in/
- On the opening page, enter details like name, age or DOB, Husband’s/Father’s name, Gender, District and State and click on the tab that says search
- If your details are already there in the system, it would match with your Voter ID
- If you can see your voter ID there, you would also notice an option that says, ‘Feed Aadhar Number’
- Click on the link after you ensure that pop is not blocked on your browser
- A pop up window should appear on your computer where you can enter your Aadhar details along with your mobile number and email address
- Click on ‘Submit’ and you would receive a confirmation of linkage on the same window.
Linking link voter id with aadhaar card through mobile
There are two options you can exercise to link your Aadhar number to your voter ID, i.e. through Mobile Apps or through SMS.
Follow the below mentioned steps to link voter id with aadhaar card through SMS:
- On your mobile phone, type ECILINK <space> EPIC_Number <space> Aadhar Number
- Send the SMS to either 166 or 51969.
Standard mobile charges would apply as per your provider.
link voter id with aadhaar card Through Mobile Apps (only for Andhra Pradesh)
If you are in the state of Andhra Pradesh, you can visit the website of Chief Election Commissioner in your state and download the application. Once you are able to download the application on your mobile phone, it would guide you through the linking process.
Linking voter id with aadhaar card through call center
Although, not many of us would like to exercise the third option, you can still give it a try if you find it convenient.
- Call the number 1950 either from your mobile phone or landline between 10 AM to 5 PM on working days
- The executive receiving the call would ask for your Aadhar number and Voter ID so that he enters all the details in the system
Above all, there are two other options that are available, which you may pay heed, if you wish:
- Connecting with BLO (Booth Level Officer) of your area
- Check for Special Camps of Election Commission in your area.
Last but not the least, we are yet to see a link on internet which provides us the steps to see if we can check the status of linkage of voter ID and Aadhar card. However, you can still search through the internet with the help of steps provided in this article and see if your voter ID is connected with your Aadhar number.