The complete details to know about linking UAN with Aadhar card
Till date a huge number of customers needed to make change of the EPF account when there was the necessity of a job change and this was really a time consuming process. The change involved a complete transfer of money from the old to new account and this process needed more than 2 months. To avoid the problem of transfer in future, the employee is forced to withdraw the money but this will not be the situation from now on. The subscribers shall not take up any hassle. With the introduction of UAN, the life of subscribers shall become a lot easier that is for sure. And the best part is, the linkage of UAN with Aadhar card, makes it much easier. Now the first thing that comes to our mind is how to link UAN with Aadhar card? Don’t worry; we have covered it for you.
How to link UAN with Aadhar card number?
It has been reported that the employees who use the EFPO scheme, need to link the UAN accounts immediately with Aadhar card. The decision made by government has worried the officials of EFPO and the EFPO is offering the payment for all the beneficiaries’ trough NEFT. The following steps are to be followed for linking the UAN with Aadhar card.
- First login to the website epfindia.com and then go to the link “for employees”. When you click on that link for employees, you need to go to the services under UAN member e-seva.
- After clicking on that link of the UAN, member e-seva, you will get a page where you have to put the UAN no and Password. After you have logged into your account with UAN no and Password, you have to go to the “profiles” and then click on “Update KYC information”.
- When you enter the KYC information within the page, you will put the PF no within the current member ID box. The make the selection of KYC and Aadhar card, pan card soft copies of bank account numbers are necessary to be uploaded.
- After you upload all the documents, the details shall be in queue for approval and you have to check the status of that after 15 days.
- Finally, before you link the Aadhar number with EFPO account, and the UAN account, both the accounts have to be activated and this activation has to be done before March 31st.
The benefits of linking UAN with Aadhar card
- The first prime benefit of attaining a UAN and linking it with Aadhar card is operating the EPF account becomes really easy. Thus, your employer’s intermediation won’t be necessary while you handle your EPF account with complete freedom.
- Throughout the entire career the number shall be portable and you can download the UAN card. The checking of transfer claims have become rally easy.
- The account holders shall have the option of checking the balance online and for this they shall need the EPF passbook. The best thing about the UAN is funds transfer from the old employer becomes completely hassle free.
- Because of the complexity and time consumption, previously, people preferred to withdraw funds rather than transferring the same. This resulted in lesser amount of pension money after retiring. But with the ease of transfer with UAN, account holder gets higher pension amount after retirement since this is the time when the real need of money comes.
The documents for uploading KYC within UAN portal
A copy if self attested PAN card a copy of a cancelled cheque leaf from your Bank account all the bank details like IFSC code, beneficiary name, account number, and a copy of self attested Aadhar card. Also sometimes an NPR aka national population register is required for some customers. And other accepted KYC are ration card, valid ID card, and passport.
The EPF is going to allot a Universal PF number to the employees, the employer will then offer the same for the contributing employees along with a complete new member ID. In return, the employees have to offer the KYC documents and details to the employer. And these are the above documents.
A tabular overview of UAN details
|SL NO||Factors to know||Brief details|
|1.||Benefits of UAN linkage||Operating the EPF account becomes really easy and this is why your employer’s intermediation will not be required.
The number becomes portable and you can also download the UAN card.
The checking of transfer claims can be done easily.
The facility of online banking and balance checking system has been offered.
With the benefit of the UAN linkage, the account holders can rest assured since they are going to receive a higher amount as pension.
|2.||The documents required||A copy of the self attested PAN card, all the essential bank details, IFSC code, account number, beneficiary name and also the copy of self attested Aadhar card is necessary. Some individuals need the NPR and other accepted documents are KYC, Passport, ration card and Valid ID.|