TNEB duplicate bill and bill payment
The Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB), formed on the date of 1st July 1957 and it was a major step of the Electricity Supply Act. Another act was formed in the year of 1948 which was the electricity department of Madras. The 1957 Act is the successor of the 1948 act.
In order to pay the bill online, all you need is the service or the consumer number. The service number will be in the format of XXX-XXX-XXX. You can easily get this in your previous bill or you can get it directly from the online or through the customer care number. You will also need to know the circle code of your address. For example, you will need to know if it is a North, South, East or West of Chennai.
While you are applying for a duplicate bill online, you have to-
- Make an account on the official site of THEB.
- For this, you will have to fill up the desired fields and you will also have to provide some unique customer number that has been provided to you.
- After the online registration is done, you will simply log in to your account and you will follow the easy steps so that you can get the duplicate bill.
- Once you have found out the bill, you will get the details of your payment and you will also come to know if there are any previous dues or not.
- You can also have a look at how much energy is currently consumed by your electrical appliances, as they will provide you with the readings.
- Now, you can also pay the bill if you wish to and the details are all given in the website.
While applying for service connection
- You have to apply for a fresh connection and you can get the form from the office without any cost.
- Details such as whether he is a permanent or a temporary resident of the place and his profession, all of these should be mentioned in the form.
- He will send the form to the office after filling it up completely.
- After that, once the form is approved by the office, now they will send engineers so that they can make a supply port and start the electricity services.
- The meter will be kept on the wall of the ground floor or any place where it is easily accessible for taking the readings.